Why This Policy
We want you to understand who you are sharing your information with, what kind of information we collect and how we use the information.
In your day-to-day online dealings with the SwimShop we obtain information about you.
We want you to know exactly what that information is and what we do with it. Our Policy describes how we collect, use, process, and disclose your personal information, with your access to and use of The Swimshop‘s website.
The Protection of Personal Information Act protects you.
The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) is aimed at protecting your personal information and prescribes what we must and must not do with it. POPI created an Information Regulator who checks that The SwimShop manages personal information in a responsible manner that respects your privacy.
This Policy forms part of our agreement with you. You should read it along with our terms and conditions Policy. The link on our site is http://localhost:8080/kirksite/terms-and-conditions/
This notice may change from time to time.
From time to time we may have to amend this notice to accommodate changes in our business or services or if legal requirements change. It is your responsibility to check that you have read the latest version.
Who You Are Sharing Your Information With
1. The full name and legal status of the website owner is: Aquakids SwimShop CC, Reg. No 2005/159354/23
2. Office bearer of The SwimShop is Pippa Hitchins
3. Physical address for receipt of service:
WESTVILLE – DURBAN
4. Telephone number: (031) 266 4449
5. Website address: https://www.theswimshop.co.za/
6. E-mail address: email@example.com
7. Vat Registration Number: 4200236976
8. Country of Registration: South Africa
When Policy Applies
• when you use any of our products or services;
• When you apply to us for a job or work placement;
• When you supply services to us where this involves any personal information;
• as a result of your relationship with our clients; and/or
• to any information collected from third parties.
‘Personal information’ is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. Where you use our services, we will collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect personal information from third parties such as your employing organisation, regulatory authorities, recruitment agencies, credit reporting agencies, information or service providers, publicly available records, and the third parties described in this Policy.
Information you provide
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us including when you communicate with us via forms, email or other channels; when you sign up for newsletters, alerts, or other materials; and when you respond to our communications or requests for information.
The information you provide may include current and historical personal information including your name, contact details, title, identification, employment, positions held and enquiry/complaint details and information about the organisation with which you are affiliated. We may also collect personal information about your other dealings with us and our clients, including any contact we have with you in person, by telephone, email or online.
When using our online services, we may collect the following information
• Information you provide by completing forms (this includes information you give us, submitting material, requesting services, entering competitions, registering for any of our online offerings or subscribing to our newsletters or other services).
• Your name and address.
• Your delivery address (if different from above).
• Your contact telephone number in case we need to call you.
• Your credit or debit card number, expiry date and security code.
• Information you provide by your participation in competitions, live chats or message boards.
• Information you provide to us if you contact us, for example to report a problem with our online services or raise a query or comment.
• Where our online services require that you enter a password or other information in order to access certain features, we will collect such credentials when you enter them.
We collect information when you have a query.
When you contact us, we collect information that helps us to categorise your query, respond to it and, if applicable, investigate what went wrong. We also use this information to track potential problems and trends to customise our support responses to provide a better service to you.
We collect information while you use our website
Every time you connect to our website we store web server logs which show your IP address (the unique number which your machine uses when it is connected to the Internet), what you looked at, whether the page request was successful or not, and which browser you used to view the pages. The use of this data is strictly for statistical and personalisation purposes only. This helps us understand which areas of the site are of particular interest and also which pages are not being requested. It also tells us how many hits and page requests we get.
A cookie is a small piece of information stored by your browser on your device. It may contain some personal details in an encrypted format, which can be recalled when you return to the website. This speeds up our identification, ordering and delivery processes.
We don’t collect the information of persons under 18.
We do not collect the information of persons under 18 without the consent of their parents or guardians. If you are under the age of 18 you must not provide personal information to us without the consent of your parent or guardian.
Why We Need Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide our products and services to you. This includes:
• Processing your payment card details in order to complete any purchase;
• Processing your orders for goods and services;
• Delivering products that you order online;
• When we have a legal duty to use or disclose your information.
Please note that we will not contact you telephonically for unsolicited marketing purposes or send unsolicited marketing communications to you by mail, SMS or email if you have not opted in to receive them.
Sharing Your Information
Your privacy is important to us, which is why it is our policy not to share your personal information with other companies without your consent. In particular, we will never sell your personal information. We will not provide any of your information to entities outside our group so as to permit them to market their goods or services to you.
• We only share your personal information with companies that help us to provide our services to you and who have agreed to keep your information secure and to only use it for authorised purposes.
• We share your personal information with our bank and the other issuers of payment cards you use.
• To governmental, judicial, regulatory and law enforcement bodies and agencies, including any credit regulator.
Your Rights and Preferences
You have the right to:
• ask what personal information we hold about you;
• ask what information was sent to our suppliers, service providers or any other third party;
• ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you;
• object to the processing of your personal information.
If you want us to delete all personal information we have about you, you will probably have to terminate all agreements you have with us. We cannot maintain our relationship with you without having some of your personal information. We can refuse to delete your information if we are required by law to keep it or if we need it to protect our rights.
We take your privacy and the security of your personal information seriously.
We have implemented reasonable security safeguards to protect the personal information that you give us. For example sensitive data (such as your credit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and our website.
You can play a role in protecting your information by never sharing your username, PIN or password with anyone or submitting it to a website you don’t recognise. Always log off after a web session and change your password regularly.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. No system is perfect so we cannot guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
Please note that any email you send to us is not encrypted and may be monitored by us. Please do not send us sensitive or confidential personal information by email.
We will inform you if your privacy is ever compromised.
Although we cannot prevent all security threats, we have measures in place to minimise the threat to your privacy. We will let you know of any breaches which affect your personal information.